If you follow me on TWITTER you'd know that I was asking you all for your opinions on your favorite Tinted Moisturizer. Based off of everyone's input, Laura Mercier's seemed to be the #1 choice. So I decided to go today after work (MAN, I love Fridays! =D) to check it out, and I ended up with a whole lot more than just the TM! lol.
I don't know about you, but I can stay in Sephora for a REALLY REALLY long time. I'm always looking at everything, and wow, time just goes by so fast when I'm in there lol. I think I spent a solid HMM, hour, hour & a half in there. LOL. When I go shopping by myself, I like to take my time, and see what is all there available... and I always have a battle of which things to buy and NOT buy.
Anyway, Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer retails for $42 (1.5oz - 1.7oz). I was about to get the full size, when I saw that they had a little Laura Mercier TM kit. It's called "Oil Free Flawless Face" kit ($65). It came in two colors, "Nude" and "Sand" (which is the color I matched myself to, which worked out perfectly). They also have the kit with their REGULAR Tinted Moisturizer if you didn't want to get the Oil-Free one.
I decided to get the kit instead, because it came with a bunch of other stuff!
INSIDE THE KIT:
Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
Undercover Pot #3: Secret Camouflage
Translucent Powder (connected to the bottom of the concealer)
Secret Camouflage Brush
Camouflage Powder Brush
Velour Puff & Sponge
Here are some pictures of it!
So as you can see, for an extra $23, get all this! The TM that this comes with is only 1oz... but WHATEVER! It's worth it in my eyes, especially with how much everything else retails for. Oh, and BTW, The transculent powder screws onto the bottom of the concealer, which I think is neat! I can't wait to try it all out, I think maybe I'll try it out tomorrow since I'll be going out.... we'll see how it works out in the daytime.
On to what else I bought!
- Anastasia's Brow Pen in the "Universal Deep" shade [$21]. I tried it out in the store, walked around and browsed for awhile, then went to a mirror and rubbed inner part of my eyebrow (this is the part that tends to fade the most on me, due to the fact my hairs there are thinner & more sparse. GRRR!) It says on the box that it's a "long-wearing brow tint", so I wanted to see if it'd live up to it's name. So I rubbed it, and it stayed. I was SOLD! Everyone knows, I AM BIGGGGGG ON EYEBROWS! They can make OR break a look! I'll DEFINITELY cannot wait to try out that beauty. The big test will be tomorrow. AHH, so excited lol.
- Smith's Rosebud Salve [$6] (this conditions the skin. I wanted to use this on my reoccuring dry patch on my right eyelid, and my lips)
- Shu Uemura's Skin Purifier Cleansing Oil [$12] (To remove makeup & cleanse your face)
- Ojon's Rub-Out Dry Cleanser 2oz. [$10] (For those oily-haired days & you don't have time to wash it!)
- Anastasia's Matte Highlighter in "Camille" (They gave me this for free, it's a sample size. I already have this in the full size, and I LOVE it! I talk about it in my Eyebrows tutorial. It's great for accentuating the shape of your eyebrows.. makes them pop, and kind of camouflages the little stray hairs that need to be plucked! ;P)
Have a great weekend everyone!
xoxo / Suzy